Have we got it established that it crazy hot outside and it would be crazy to turn your oven on? We have?
Good, that makes it easier to convince you that this recipe will knock your socks off.
It would have knocked your socks off anyway, but the fact that these little guys are no bake just makes them so much better.
Can we take a poll, who’s favorite part of making cookies is eating the dough? If I had my way, cookies would never get baked, they just taste so much better uncooked. But if your mom was anything like mine she always told you not to eat the raw cookie dough because it would make you sick.
Well I have fixed that pesky little problem with a wonderful thing called a flax egg. You can find ground flax seed at any health food store and a lot of regular grocery stores have started to carry it.
So since it’s Friday and all, go home and make these.
You won’t regret it. Or have any left over.
To make the flax egg, just combine ground flax seed and water. Set this aside and it will thicken up while you get everything together. And go run a mile or something. That way you won’t feel guilty for eating so many of these.
It’s hard to tell in the picture but it comes together very much like a real egg, it should be sort of like a runny egg.
Get together your butter, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and flax egg.
Mix it up.
It should look something like this. Don’t worry if it doesn’t get super smooth, it’ll get yummy soon.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt.
Mix it up.
Add chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips. Or both. Or butterscotch chips.
You get the point right?
Now, resist the urge to stick your face in that bowl.
Using a cookie scoop, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Pop those guys in the freezer for at least 30 minutes or until you’re ready to eat your weight in cookie dough.
Whenever I can muster up some self control I like to keep these in the freezer and grab a few whenever I’m having a sugar craving.
No Bake Cookie Dough Bites
Makes: 18 Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1T. ground flax seed and 3T. water)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. (1/2 of a package) chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax seed and water. Let sit for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large mixer bowl combine: butter, applesauce, sugars, flax egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in flour, soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Lightly mix in chocolate chips just to disperse evenly.
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 30 minutes to an hour or until set. Store in a airtight container in the freezer.